Jex was born November 11, 2010 at 7:46 a.m. He was 21 inches long and weighed 6 lbs 10 oz. He is our newest little angel and we LOVE having him around!
When I went to bed on the 10th, I was sort of feeling some pain and thought "Oh great, am I going to go into labor in the middle of the night?" This was around 9 p.m. Well, I woke up again around 1 and from 1 until 2:30ish I woke up off and on to have contractions. I was able to sleep between though and so I wasn't too concerned yet. Around 2:30 though I wasn't able to sleep through them anymore. It wasn't too much fun being awake and having pain. But the pain wasn't TOO bad yet. I started timing the contractions and at about 3:15 I went up to my mom to ask her if I needed to be concerned because the contractions were less than 5 minutes apart (which I knew was a key time!) but I wasn't sure if I needed to wait until I'd had 5 min contractions for like 20 minutes or something...I feel like my doctor wasn;t 100% clear with me! I was induced with Cailen so I was not used to this! Haha, anyway, my mom said, "Umm, yes, you need to go in." So I decided it was time to wake Mark up. I hadn't wanted to if it was a false alarm because Mark would have to wake up at 5:00 for work if it was false. So anyway, I decided it was time. Mark, in his sleepy stupor was like "are you sure?" UM YES I'M SURE! Men...they don't understand labor :) Anyway, we started to get everything put together, Mark taking stuff to the car and I...umm, I took a shower. It was long overdue (I wasn't caring what I looked like...I was 9 months prego for crying out loud) and I did not want to get zillions of pictures taken of me with my hair all nasty (sidenote: didn't matter, during/after labor I still looked nasty). So I had to endure like 3 contractions in the shower (not fun) but that was the quickest shower I've ever taken! Tried to dry my hair and then got dressed and we were headed! Then Cailen decided to wake up. It was about 4:00 and he must have heard us or something. Anywho, he comes waltzing out wanting to know what was going on. He wasn't happy that I couldn't lay down with him or he couldn't have Grandma. Grandpa was a poor substitute for us women (sorry Dad). Once he realized the baby was coming, then he was happier. And he had to make sure that Mark was taking me. He knew I was taken care of and so he was happy. He went into my parents' room to watch Mickey Mouse and didn't fall back asleep. Joy.
So we arrived at the hospital after a 15 minute drive that felt like we were 4-wheeling over mountains and lasted forever. I got dropped off at the entrance and didn't know that only the Emergency Room entrance was open at that hour. So a security guard had to take me up the elevator and you could tell he was a bit nervous and didn't know what to do (looking back, it was pretty funny). He kept saying "can I get you a wheelchair or something?" So Mark parked the car and met me up in the room. My mom was heading down as well to make sure that if worse came to worse, we'd at least have her to photograph the occasion.
At this point, I was in PAIN! I swear it was worse than Cailen's but maybe I've just forgotten. I was screaming my head off. Ok, screaming implies shrill piercing sounds. I was yelling. Loudly. I didn't care who heard me. This HURT. And I wanted the medicine! That took it's sweet time, but finally got there and it was bliss. I couldn't feel a thing. Woohoo. Epidurals slow my labor down so I had to sit around for another hour and a half until the doctor was there and they felt it was time to just break my water. I came into the hospital at about a 6 and was dilated to about 9 3/4 without my water even breaking! They finally just broke my water, I gave two pushes for the head and then the doctor just sat there clearing out his mouth and nose (it was kind of weird, felt like I was in limbo). Then I gave a third push and Jex was here!
My mother in law Sharon, sister in law Trisha, Mom, sister Michelle and hubby Mark were all there to see Jex born! My dad and brother were out in the waiting room with Cailen but they popped in AS SOON as Jex was born and Cailen got to see his new baby brother! When he was born, they plopped him on stomach to clean him off and so I got to see him right away! Mark didn't get to cut the cord this time (the doc didn't even ask!) which was a little sad. I don't think he cares though :) Once they did all the measuring and checking and cleaning and wrapping, they gave me Jex to hold and Cailen came to sit by me to see his brother. We are now a family of 4!!
We had lots of friends and family come visit in the hospital. It was great! My mom was a lifesaver with Cailen. Little stinker hardly got any sleep that day but his excitement over his new brother must have sustained him. We came home Friday night and things have been going well ever since. Cailen loves his new brother and gives him AT LEAST 113 kisses a day. And hugs. It's cute. He is my little helper (when he feels like it) and loves to check on Jex and give him his pacifier if he is crying. He also likes to help change his diaper. It's pretty funny.
Sorry if there were some details you didn't want to hear, but I have done a crappy job journaling this so I need it recorded somewhere! We are also getting ready to bless Jex this Sunday because my sister Heather will be in town so we'll be able to have all our family there. We are so happy with our new little addition and here are some pictures to show you all about Jex!
I think this was before the epidural...I'm surprised at how composed I am!
The first look at his baby brother!
Welcome Jex!
He LOVES him
First family photo
Daddy's turn to hold
Cailen's turn to hold!
Cailen brought Jex a present, the Pluto doll, and Jex "brought" Cailen a present too: Toy Story 3! He was very excited to give his present as well as receive one
This is what he does ALL DAY LONG
Dressed and ready to go home!
So little! This is the same hat Cailen wore when he went home from the hospital. And this is the car seat cover my mother in law helped me make! It's adorable!
He was SOO excited that we were coming home WITH him instead of him going home with Grandma
We're ready to head home!
2 comments:
LOVED reading this! Congrats!! He is precious. I remember thinking, "sheesh, am I ready for 2?!" and then when Emerson got here, it was like, "how did we ever NOT have her?!"
Yay yay yay!!! Congratulations! I love the story, too--gory details and all (you know you're a seasoned mom when you want to hear the gory stuff). He's a beautiful little boy and so lucky to have such a great family. And I'm totally with you on the shower thing--I was induced with Tamsin, but with Camryn I endured several contractions in order to wash my hair and shave my legs!!! Hello, pictures! No one wants their greasy hair immortalized on camera.
Post a Comment