A few months ago on one of the freebie blog sites I follow, they had a post about submitting a superbowl recipe to RC Willey and in exchange, RC Willey would give you a $25 gift card. I thought "Why not? What's to lose!" So I submitted a deviled egg recipe and low and behold, a few weeks later I got my gift card in the mail. SWEET! Well, then the challenge was WHAT TO GET? I mean, can you find ANYTHING in the store for $25?? Um, hardly. So I went in on the hunt. Three times. The first time, I found some amazing red lanterns. I totally wanted one. $25. Decided to think about it and the next time I was there, they were gone. Boo. So I had to look for something else. I found a few vases, some decorative bowls, even checked out the Biggest Loser game for Xbox (I hate this 5-10 lbs of baby weight that is just sticking around!) and figured I could just make those purchases cheaper. But I couldn't convince myself on any of it. So then game trip 3. I walked around the ENTIRE store, checking out EVERYTHING. Btw, I had Cailen and Jex in tow. Cailen was a big helper. He had to push JEx around the whole time. He wouldn't even let me help on the ramps (scaaaary!). But then (cue angelic music)...seriously, at the VERY end of the tour of the store, I found IT. MY NEW FABULOUS LAMP. FA-REE!! It was marked at $24.99. The coupon code wouldn't work at the register and they thought it might be because it wasn't $25 yet (how was I going to find a trinket worthy of purchase to bump it past $25? in that store??). But then, the lovely ladies at the cash register made the "price of the lamp" $25 and then took off $25! Didn't even have to pay tax or anything! Just walked out of there with my FREE lamp! It has no special place right now. Doesn't match anything. But you can better believe that when I get into my own place again, the living room will be decorated AROUND this lamp! Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment