Yesterday we went in to the doctor for Jex's 6 month check-up an he is nice and healthy! He is also a stinkin' big boy as we found out in his measurements! Poor Cailen won't be the "big"brother for long if their percentiles as infants are any indication! Here are Jex's stats:
Height: 28 in, 93 %
Weight: 16 lbs 14 oz, 40 %
Head: 42.9 cm, 28 %
We love our roly-poly munchkin! He is such fun although lately he HASN'T because his little tummy is taking issue with baby food. We tried baby food at 4 months and he would have nothing to do with the stuff. We took a break and started again at 5 months with MUCH more success. Yay! Then Saturday came. Not a good day for eating or nursing. He has had gas/constipation issues pretty much from the get-go with solids but as of Saturday he hasn't been the happiest/best eater. He eats his baby food alright but he doesnt nurse well and he definitely has some tummy issues. Not so fun for me. Otherwise though, this baby is a winner! He is so happy and smily, he loves to play, he loves to grab everything (he loves eating my mail, he gets mad when I try to open it and won't let him eat it) and he loves to SIT UP! Yay! This is something he has pretty much gotten the hang of. He still topples over, but he is improving every day and I just love it! However, he could care less about rolling over! Anyone out there have experience with their stubborn children on this? I don't know if it's important enough to worry about. I mean,what 16 year old can't roll over right? He'll get the hang of it eventually. But he is a trooper with the grabbing, drooling, sitting, drooling, smiling, drooling, laughing and did I mention drooling? But still no tooth! Cailen had his first at 4 months so I'm feeling restless for that first tooth to pop! I can't believe that my little baby is now going to be closer to one than to birth. WHOA! My little man is growing up *tear* It is so fun to watch though and I love my two boys. They are a blast to watch play and I LOVE how much Cailen loves Jex. I also love how Cailen can get Jex to laugh with the dumbest things, it's hilarious. Jex loves his big brother. We have really enjoyed this little giggler and look forward to many more months of fun changes and laughs. We cherish them all.
My other little guy is getting big too! He is almost 4! I had to snap this gem of a picture today to capture my budding whiz kid on the IPad. Man, kids of this generation are going to be so tech-savvy and I am sure look at me like crazy when I talk about using pay phones "back in my day." Hey, at least he's outside :)
2 comments:
Don't worry for a second about rolling!!! Camryn refused to move on her own at all. Literally, at Tamsin's age (and Tamsin is 10 months old), Camryn would only roll in one direction from tummy to back and NEVER rolled from back to tummy in either direction! And she never learned to crawl before walking--I have a delightful video of her as a 15-month-old, lying on her tummy, scooting backward, and shrieking in frustration over being about as effective as a beached whale. Embarrassing, yet hilarious. I'm trying to recruit her to teach Tamsin how to crawl, though Tamsin (unlike big sis) is a champion roller. Go figure.
What cute boys you have Val! And yes, Henry is also a whiz at the iPad & iPhone. It's so crazy, but he just knows his way around and how to find all his favorite little games. But yes, at least he's outside. ;)
Post a Comment