Monday, March 24, 2008
What to say...
Well, again, it has been awhile since my last post. I might have done it earlier had it not been for some sad times in the Barber family. On Sunday, March 16th, Mark's brother Steve passed away. This was really hard for all of us, it was so unexpected. He was one of Mark's best friends and so we spent this whole week with family. It was so good to spend that time with them, and I really think it helped Mark, his mom, Amy, Gabe and Noah (Steve's fam). We had the funeral Thurs with the viewing the night before. It was all really beautiful, but it has been a sad week. With the passing of Mark's father back in December, the Barber family has had it's struggles. But all in all, we are surviving and doing well. We actually spent most of our time playing Rock Band. Let me tell you, I'm part of a KILLER girl's rock band. It was one of Steve's' favorite games and a good way to stay involved with something instead of just sitting around and dwelling on the sadness. I've been trying to upload a video of the Girl Band, but it's just not working. I will keep trying and you just check back here. In the meantime:
The boys did good too, even if we stole the game from them every now and then to rock out. Apparently Mark and I are the only ones with the right rhythm to play the drums. Here's Mark and the boys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"...it was then that I carried you." - Footprints
3 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about Mark's brother. I hope you all are doing okay, despite the news. Love ya!
Wow, that is alot to go through in such a small amount of time. Sounds like you are all strong people. I'm glad to hear that you are doing ok, though!
I'm really sorry to hear about Mark's brother. Let us know if you guys need anything before we leave, and we'll help you out anyway we can.
Post a Comment