So I was sitting here thinking about my life after posting the past two blogs, as well as reading a couple friends blogs. I decided that there are some great little things going on in my life that I wanted to mention and show gratitude for.
- My garden! We have tons of tomatoes and even my little tomatoe plant that I thought would die is producing despite it being a midget compared to the others. We have a couple pumpkins turning orange. Our corn is getting SOO tall. Corn is starting to grow on it. We're going to have a great fall crop. I also have artichokes, romaine lettuce, cucumbers, squash and zuccini growing and those plants are getting bigger every day. I haven't been out there is ages and I really need to. But the fact that they keep growing on their own is amazing. I just need to figure out how to use all the produce that I'm going to have!
- I have a new love of Scentsy. My house has been reeking because of trash and this beautiful little candle has helped enormously.
- I have a renewed appreciation for the internet because we lived without it for a couple of days and I missed it.
- My son is amazing. He is the cutest little boy in the world and I love the day to day wonders I get to see. He is so...just...funny and cute and fun and smart and everything else all rolled into my little baby boy.
- Friends I haven't seen in ages. Like Ashely Ruger! We went to lunch the other day and it was lots of fun!!
- Dishwashers..I love them. And I miss them.
- Sleeping in. It's fantastic.
- Picnics. I think I'm going to have one today.
- Weekends. I miss those too. But I love days off of work. Yea!
That's all I will put for now. I just wanted to reflect a little on the small joys in my life. And the big joys - my family!
5 comments:
Hi from one Barber Bunch to another!
val- you're too cute! So sorry to hear about your dad...I'll keep him and your family in my prayers. It was nice to read up on your blog and see what's going on in your life. I'm excited about your garden!! I want one too!!! It's a little hard to keep one here where I'm living in a condo I don't own...but hopefully someday :) You should get the book The Joy of Cooking- it is the BEST!! My grandma swore by it...and now I can see why- I LOVE it!! Enjoy your weekend!!
It's always good to remember your blessings--it's something I am trying to do right now. I am sorry I haven't called you back, I haven't really been talking to anyone. I hope things are going well with your dad. Lily needs to play with Cailen sometime. We should go trick or treating at the zoo together!
PS. How do I get to be one of the cool people on your blog?
Hey, Val!
To answer your awesome post on my blog, we TOTALLY need to get together! Because I'm on the lookout for acceptable boys for Camryn to someday marry. There are only two on the list so far--your son and Julie Allen's. Camryn can't marry just ANYONE, you know!!! And if she does, I'd love either of my Paris girls to be her in-laws. So--don't screw up your son, and I promise not to screw up Camryn! (Could you imagine if Dana had a son? That would be one crazy kid.)
Oh, and can I just say: Jim Halpert is freaking hot. Whew--glad I got that off my chest! I had to say it to SOMEONE, and I'm pretty certain Karl won't find this comment! He's freaking hot, too, but--you know. ;)
Also, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Hang in there, and keep us updated. I'll say extra prayers for your family. :)
Post a Comment