Saturday, September 27, 2008

Very Sad and Disappointed

So I am sad right now. One of the few things I had wanted to do this summer was to go to the Utah Museum of Fine Arts and look at the Picasso's and Monet's and Degas', etc that they had there. I just kept putting it off. And now...they are gone. I am so depressed. I seriously started to cry. I am trying to add more culture to my life and I was super excited about this. I had wanted to go to it with Mark, my husband, but his life is crazy busy so that was hard. I thought about going just me and Cailen but I just never got around to it. So here we are, September 27th, and I have missed it. I guess I missed it by about a week. Dang. And I also missed the circus, which ends tomorrow. I heard an advertisement Friday night, the 26th and started to get all excited. I thought, this would be great to take Cailen to! He'd have a riot! And then they said it ended the 28th. How dumb. I had one day to go and it was the one Saturday with the General Relief Society Broadcast and other plans I had made. I didn't have time to fit the circus in! Added disappointment. And then my mother and I tried to make it to the Broadcast at the Conference Center. We had tickets and everything. It was a madhouse. First, I was way late because I was at Robert's trying to use coupons that ended today (dumb of me, but I did get a couple of cute fall/halloween items), second, we tried to drop my cousin off at her ballet practice but with the stupid construction and no left turns we got all screwed up on downtown and that took forever; then we could not find parking for the life of us. We ended up a couple blocks away parked in front of a church that just so happened to be broadcasting it. So we sat in the chapel with about 15 other people and watched the last 45 minutes of it. However, that was a very good part of my day and was well worth the time spent sitting with strangers. Now my neck hurts after spending a good hour and a half watching a movie while looking left (couches are surprisingly not that comfy when watching things laying down for long periods of time), but I do have a few worthy things that have been added to my to-do list: food storage, going to the temple, and going to the gym (that wasn't because of the Broadcast, ha). So all in all, the things that bothered me don't matter in the long run and I'm going to work on the things that do. Add scrapbooking to that list :) P.S. Allyson, if you're reading this, I am 95% done with my Animal ABC book I copied from you. Woohoo!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Aww what a frustrating day!! If I had been there I would have gone to the museum with you :( But don't worry...the circus will come again!!

Ally said...

Hooray (about the animal book), not so much about the exhibit and the other things. I really wanted to go to the art thing too when I first heard about it, but I never thought about it again until just now, so I am sad too. Have you heard about the exhibit at the Leonardo, with the Body Works? This is now the third time I have been in a city where it has been at (the other two being Denver and LA). Matt and I have always wanted to go, we just never have. Maybe this time we will. Good luck with your new goals!

"...it was then that I carried you." - Footprints