Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

But most importantly, Happy Birthday to my dear hubby Mark! We need to clarify that it is his birthday first, then Valentine's Day. Just making it clear :) We always have to celebrate the two separately because Mark doesn't want to get jipped his birthday (by the way, he's the big 2-8!!). But this post isn't about his birthday so much as Valentine's day. Mostly because I made a Valentine's Day craft and want to share it :) I found this cute idea on Tater-tots and Jello and figured I could totally make this on the cheap! So here is my version:
I bought some Valentines candy at the dollar store ($2), some clothespins ($1), some foam valentines stickers ($1) which doubled as decorations for Cailen's valentines to his cousins. Then I used a pot my mom had because I couldn't find squat at the dollar store. I put in some plant foamy form stuff (you know, it's green $1) and stuck in some branches that I ripped off a tree near Layton Hills Mall and the Dollar store...yes that was me pulled over mauling the tree...it won't miss a few brances, don't worry). Then I scanned in some family photos, edited their size and made them all black and white. I matted them on lovely valentines colored construction paper. Eh voila!
Grand total: $5, sweet. My tree of love!

See if you can guess who is who!! (I'm not going to post the answers yet, hehe)
Here is who is pictured, in no particular order: My mom and dad, my sister Heather, me, my sister Michelle, my brother Ryan (I am at my parent's house after all, so I figured I needed to include everyone), Mark, Cailen and Jex. So have at it and see if you can guess who is who :)

#1 
 #2
 #3
 #4
 #5
 #6
 #7
 #8
 #9

 This is our Valentine's tree with Mark's bday presents underneath. Cailen wanted to put the presents under the tree he said. Guess he is stuck in the Christmas mode
 We celebrated Mark's birthday yesterday because he has school and work today. So he got to open presents and blow out candles at lunch with my family and at dinner with his family. We love having family close!!
 

Now today is Valentine's day!! We woke up and had pink heart shaped pancakes for breakfast and Cailen got his Valentine's treat of CANDY. He got nerds and I got Mark some Reeses Hearts (of course). And I actually only made like 4 heart pancakes and only 2 really worked out. Cailen ate the best one of course. But I took a pic of it :) (below) Look at me being all creative.


So Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!!! I am thankful for all the loved ones in my life, both family and friends! I hope you all enjoy this day and celebrate with some loved ones of your own!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I think it would be cheating if I guessed ;)

Valerie said...

You'd be suprised! Dad and Michelle and Ryan guessed and they switched at least two people. Michelle vehemently protests that her picture isn't really her. Haha.

Heather said...

Just so everyone knows - I guessed via email and got a 100% :)

Four Hearts Haven said...

Your pancakes were great too. I appreciate knowing that someone else is as into Valentine's Day as my kids are.

Gregg thinks that your mom looks like a picture of me that we have. I guess we are truly sisters.

"...it was then that I carried you." - Footprints