Friday, July 25, 2008

Adult Content (no not like that)

Here is a post of just me. No Cailen. I thought I would put some of my reflections and activities in a post so people know what I'm up to. Granted, I'm a mother, so there may be a mention or two about Cailen, but he will not be the focus. So...the first thing I was thinking about writing about actually is about Cailen a little, but it's ok. It was really a neat moment and I think you have to be a mother or at least a parent to appreciate it. Cailen usually falls asleep in our bed (we're suckers, I know) and then we often move him to his crib. He is actually doing better about sleeping in his crib, he just doesn't like falling asleep there. Anyway, he really needed a nap yesterday and he was going around in just a diaper so I sat in my rocker, pulled him on my lap and covered him with his fuzzy blanket. He layed against my chest and just rested there until he fell asleep. He even started snoring a little! I have to tell you, it was so adorable. He is a cuddler a lot of times, but not like this. I just took a minute to just ponder on the wonder of my little baby and it was just really cool. He is so much fun and the energy and life that is in him is amazing. Then when he calms down to sleep, he really just looks like a miracle. It was pretty cool. Being a mother is definitely worth it.

On other topics, my garden is starting to look fabulous! Well, by fabulous I mean there are actually green things in it. Wahoo! Our corn actually does look amazing. It's growing like crazy. Our tomatoes and pumkin have been growing for a while and so those aren't as exciting anymore. Except for they are producing so that is extremely exciting! I just didn't plant them (my sister in law did) so I'm not as proud of them. The corn is coming along, the Romaine lettuce and artichokes have been growing, and FINALLY today I saw some zuccinni, cucumber and squash breaking through to reveal their beautiful (tiny) green leaves! I do believe our carrots are growing too. Those are just a little hard to tell the difference of from the weeds. I need to do some weeding for sure. I can't go out and take pictures of my garden right now (Cailen is sitting on my lap "helping" me type my blog-he's actually looking at the laser from the mouse and banging it on the keyboard...fun times. But one of these days I will post pictures of me EATING stuff from my garden and THAT will be the real feat.

I also can't put pictures up because I can't find the stupid cord to attach my camera to the computer. I had a few more things I was going to talk about but they require visuals so they will just have to wait until a later date. I was supposed to go to the zoo today but that didn't work out so I think I might just get all "house-wifey" and do some cleaning and folding laundry. Very exciting, let me tell you. But I definitely wouldn't trade it to be out working a 9-5 job and not have Cailen or have to put Cailen in day care. I love being at home! Ok, so off we go, maybe tomorrow I'll track down that cord and can put some pics up with my posts. Till then.

No comments:

"...it was then that I carried you." - Footprints