Wednesday, July 30, 2008

EXTREMELY Belated Birthday post



So as I have said in the past, I haven't been too on top of the whole blogging thing. But like my journals in high school, I have to back track and update on the fun things that happened that I missed writing about. So the last big event was our Disneyland trip. Next is Cailen's birthday!! Now, he turned a year on June 4th, so you see how late this is....We celebrated at work with friends and the girls before we left that job. We wanted them to be a part of the celebration as they were such a big part of his first year of life. So here are some pics at the West Ridge Birthday Bash:

We tried to have Cailen practice for his family birthday party but he was definitely hesitant.
So our friend Brian tried to show him how it was done!It was a mixture of a birthday party and a goodbye party because it was our last day at work.
Then came the bday party with the family! We had it at my mom and dad's house so there would be plenty of room for the Disneyland themed party. The kids all played outside, we watched a Disney movie and there was Disneyland/theme park food - popcorn, pizza, pretzels, soda. It was lots of fun! I had fun decorating :) We even had some awesome cakes! Here are the pics:
Cailen got to try the cake thing again. He was a little bit better this time around!! In fact, he ended up puking up the frosting, since that is pretty much all he got to on the cake. Fun times. All that led to the bath tub, which got pretty gross looking! It was fun!

So that's it in a nutshell! It is crazy to think that he is a one year old. But we had some friends who had a baby not too long ago and it is even crazier to think he was ever that little! Time does fly! I am so excited for all the fun new things he will be doing in these next years. I'll try to keep you posted (and this blog updated!!)

3 comments:

Audge said...

I LOVE the cake all over his face pictures! He is too cute!
So you guys are done with WRA???

Dustin and Brynna said...

Would those friends be us?? :) Cailen is such a cutie. I REALLY hope to get together soon...sorry I have been such a flake...

Jana B. said...

you guys are so cute! what a darling blog. i'm glad we've connected in blog-land!

"...it was then that I carried you." - Footprints