Since posting last, I think I've had two doctor appointments and both have gone well and boring. Which is just fine with me. I'm gaining weight and growing as I should and the baby moves as he should. We have two friends that are expecting babies as well (both due in Feb) and so it's fun that we're going to have some little friends for our guy. One friend is having a boy and one is having a girl (arranged marriage? perhaps). Other than that, Mark's still chugging along with school and looking longingly towards his approaching graduation. He knows this is his last Fall semester! YAY! I'm quite excited as well. I've been working on getting Christmas presesnts ready which sounds funny seeing as it's September. But like I said before, I'm a slow mover and since I'm due before Thanksgiving, the last thing I want to deal with after the baby is born is insane Christmas shopping. So I'm trying to have that done before I have the baby. I'm also working on making our Halloween costumes - I'm going to be Mrs. Potato Head (figured I'd put that belly to good use), Mark will be Slinky Dog and Cailen will be Buzz (yes, we have a theme going, every year!) Luckily, the little one won't be here yet, so I only have the three. I think I'd make him Hamm...or maybe an army guy...anywho, that's what I've been up to. Oh, also, I'm working on making a new car seat cover because my lovely aunt Alison gave me her old carseat to take care of my dilemma that I posted about before. Yay!! I'm excited to have that stress over. Granted, now I have to sew something I have no clue how to do, but I think I can figure it out. Anyone that has tips, let me know!
On a random note (ok this is all random, who am I kidding), Cailen has a weird bedtime routine. I just got back from putting him to bed and thought I'd finish this post. He ALWAYS wants people to lay with him. He doesn't like to go to sleep alone. But he does fine at it when he finally lets you leave. In order to speed up that process, we've compromised that I will stop at the door and we'll blow each other kisses. He gets to pick how many kisses so he gets excited about that. Luckily, he doesn't really pay attention to how many are actually given so I'm not stuck there forever. But he has taken to saying bye once I close the door. He used to say thank you and then bye, but he has since dropped the thank you (don't know where either came from!). Since dropping the thank you, he has added more and more "byes." He says bye to the most random things. Things in his room, animals, made up words, you name it. I have started to limit how many byes he can say. Tonight he wanted me to pretend he was a monkey so I had to say goodnight monkey and then he thought for about 60 seconds on who his last goodbye was going to be. I had to sit there outside his door while he decided. Yeesh. But at least I don't have trouble with him staying in his room or anything once he finally lets me leave. I'll say goodbye to all the monkey's pillows, trains, lamps, and gooblykonks as he wants (that's my made up word, not his). Hmm, I set out to post just a little about how boring our lives have been, but this has become a surprisingly long post. Hmm. I'll throw in a few pictures to make it visually appealing, plus, if you stuck it out this long to read all of this, you deserve a few pictures :)
Cailen enjoying bubble baths
Cailen and me with our clown noses at the Elephant Parade at Gateway Mall a few days before the Circus started in SLC.


We did go to the circus the other day, that is a fun thing, right? It was me, Cailen, and Mark with my dad and brother Ryan and two of my younger cousins, Parker and Ryann. We all had a blast! Cailen kept saying "why are the lights off? Oh, because it's pretty cool, right?" or something along those lines. He loved all the animals and the motorcycles and fun lights.


Cailen loves all things baby for some reason. When I go into Kid to Kid (local consignment store), he always wants to climb into the baby swings, bouncers, etc. I try to explain to him that he is not a baby and that he will BREAK these things! However, I let him climb into our "new" carseat that my aunt gave me. I had taken the cover off so it couldn't have been very comfy, but whatever. Mark propped him in the laundry basket in front of the TV to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse....I HAD to take a picture because it was just weird. And cute. And silly.
Cailen loves all things baby for some reason. When I go into Kid to Kid (local consignment store), he always wants to climb into the baby swings, bouncers, etc. I try to explain to him that he is not a baby and that he will BREAK these things! However, I let him climb into our "new" carseat that my aunt gave me. I had taken the cover off so it couldn't have been very comfy, but whatever. Mark propped him in the laundry basket in front of the TV to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse....I HAD to take a picture because it was just weird. And cute. And silly.
3 comments:
You are so cute Val!
I can't believe you are already 7 months along!! We are also doing a Toy Story theme for Halloween!! That is if I can put everything together in time. And Stone has a bedtime routine that consists of putting him down about 7 times. I think the whole process lasts about an hour and a half. Unreal. hahaha. Miss you!
Don't you just loooove being pregnant? Yeah, me neither. And it's so much harder when you have a small person to chase around whilst lugging around an even smaller person who, let's face it, doesn't feel that small. I must say, being the mother of a newborn is MUCH better than being pregnant!!! You're still exhausted, but caffeine can do a lot to make you feel perky (I heart Cherry Pepsi) while NOTHING can make you feel unpregnant. ;)
I ended up using just a simple night cream from Neutrogena, but it wasn't fancy or anti-aging at all (perhaps the reason why I have three huge brown freckles that look more like age spots on my nose!!!). So don't pick that! I don't know much about anti-aging creams except that you want a broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunblock and possibly alpha hydroxy acids, which help exfoliate the skin. Honestly, I just looked at what I typed and realized I really have no idea what I'm talking about!!! I'll bet a decent beauty magazine might know more than me (though I've heard good things about Olay Regenerist). My best advice? Cetaphil face wash for winter! You'll have the softest skin ever. :)
p.s. Your son is freaking adorable!!! I shrieked out loud at the pic of him in his future brother's carseat. Camryn sat in her sister's carseat many a time before Tamsin arrived~
Post a Comment