I love the fact that Cailen is in Primary now! And I also love the fact that my mom is his Sunbeams teacher because then I hear things about him that I may not otherwise! Like how he went up in front of everyone to be Jonah and told more about the story than his teachers had prepped him for (yay for reading books and scriptures!). And this past Sunday he got the chance to say prayer for the first time at the microphone. He has been wanting to talk on the microphone for quite some time now. He was so excited! And I was planning on coming in anyway to help him, but I ended up subbing for my mom so I really got to see how Cailen does in Primary. I barely helped him at all! He did such a GREAT job! I helped at the end when he ran out of things to say but otherwise he did it on his own. He was so excited to sit in the special chair beforehand too. It was lots of fun to do sharing time and singing time with him. Man, is that kid tired during Primary though. Darn this schedule! He needs his nap! Anyway, I love my smart little man. And I love bragging about him :) He really soaks up things we talk about and I guess we've covered lots of topics because he really knows his stuff. He has known who John the Baptist was for like 2 years now. He can identify him at the drop of a hat. And he knows all about baptism thanks to cousins and other friends getting baptized. During sharing time, the lady who was teaching asked the kids in the back (the ones who have been baptized) what you can do to wash your sins away and Cailen pipes up with "Baptism!" It was awesome. I was a proud mama. He also knew all the answers to my questions on birds and bugs during the lesson (not that other kids didn't...). Way to go kiddo! Here is a pic of my big Primary man with his prayer sticker. I can't wait until Mother's Day to see if he will belt out those songs to his mommy!! (Mark wants to put a wager on if he will sing or not...I'm hopeful he'll sing, but not dumb!)
2 comments:
Oh my goodness...he's so BIG! He sure doesn't look like a baby, or even a toddler anymore. It's fun to watch them grow up, but nice to have a wee baby to remember how sweet the little ones can be.
wow he looks like Ryan in that pic!
Post a Comment