Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Mighty Morphing Power Rangers!! (cue theme song)


So apparently I have ninja skills.

Yesterday, Cailen randomly decided that I was a power ranger. He was at work with me and I was ironing clothes. He says, pointing at me, "You power ranger." After I said okay, he proceeds to refer to me as Power Ranger. "Power Ranger?" "Yes Cailen?" "What are you doing Power Ranger?" "I'm ironing Cailen." And on and on and on. We were driving up to meet my family to celebrate my older sister's birthday and he decides, once again, that I am a power ranger. Same questions: "Power Ranger?" "Yes Cailen?" "What are you doing, Power Ranger?" "Sitting in the car Cailen, same as you." "Oh....Power Ranger?" "Yes Cailen?" "What are you doing Power Ranger?" (Seriously? Didn't we just cover this like 3 seconds ago?) "I'm sitting in the car while Daddy drives." (That ought to get him...nope, he asked it about 3 more times) Then he decided that the car was also a power ranger. And then Daddy was a power ranger. Then Cailen was a power ranger. He wouldn't let me call him Cailen Power Ranger. We were all "Power Ranger." The convo then went like this: "Power Ranger?" "....uh, who are you talking to?" He'd point, I couldn't see who he was pointing to so I would just answer and you can refer up to the previous conversations if you can't guess what he asked after that. I don't know where he got this power ranger thing from! He must have heard his cousins doing some sort of role play on Sunday at dinner because we don't even have TV and if we did, Power Rangers is not the show we would pick to watch!! He had a blast calling everyone at dinner power rangers after that. My mom asked if she could be the pink one. Cailen said yes. Heather asked to be the yellow one. He said no. So she asked if she could be chartreuse. He got a little confused with that one. (P.S. bonus points if you know what color category chartreuse is even in!) If I had to pick, I guess I'd go with pink. Never thought I'd be picking which power ranger I wanted to be!!

2 comments:

Julianne said...

chartreuse is a lighter shade of green :)

Valerie said...

Way to go Julianne! I originally thought it was a shade of pink. Don't know why.

"...it was then that I carried you." - Footprints