Saturday, February 20, 2010

Brother Baby


Ha, ok, don't get too excited about the name of this post. It's just a story about Cailen!!!!

So you know how kids find toys in the oddest things? Like how they like the box something comes in better than the toy itself? That became evident yet again yesterday when Cailen befriended his bag of baby wipes. That's right, you heard me, the bag of WIPES.

Cailen was playing in our bedroom last night amongst a bunch of pillows from our bed. They were on the floor because we were changing the sheets. He was laying down "watching a movie" and informed us that he had a "brother baby." At first this was extremely confusing, but it became clear as we watched him and he got the bag of wipes to lay next to him. He was hanging out with the bag of baby wipes! He was so happy about it! I don't know where in the WORLD the name came from, but Cailen either wanted a friend at the time to watch the movie with him or he wants a brother! He even wanted to bring it with us over to Mark's mom's house. Silly Cailen.

I had forgotten about it until this morning when Cailen wakes up and the first thing he says is, "Where is friend baby?" Apparently the named changed in the middle of the night. Right now it goes back and forth between brother baby and friend baby. Needless to say, Cailen has a newfound friend...Take that back, he just informed me that he doesn't want to watch Toy Story with brother baby. He wants to watch it himself. I looked and "Brother Baby" is off to the side, abandoned for the meantime :)

3 comments:

The Jessups said...

What a tease! I got so excited when I saw the post title! But cute story. :)

Sheena said...

Val, your kid is freaking hilarious! I wanted to hang out with him when you posted the video of him playing under the blanket with Mark. Then after the "I Love Candy!" posting I REALLY wanted to hang out with him. But the "Brother Baby" bag of wipes really takes the cake! I love it!

Heather said...

I am totally cracking up at this! I guess he's getting to that age where he's giving you a hint, haha

"...it was then that I carried you." - Footprints