Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cailen's Birthday Party

On June 4th, Cailen turned 3 years old!! Wow, time has really flown by. I can't believe he is so old and big. Ok, in the grand scheme of things, 3 isn't that old, but for a mom it sure is! Anyway, on his birthday, we headed to Zion's, as described in a previous post. So we planned his birthday party for the 9th of June and invited a bunch of family and friends to my parents' house to hang out and play. I hadn't had a ton of time to plan this party, sadly, so using a little ingenuity, I came up with the theme "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse." Cailen is a HUGE fan of this show and I think it's mostly because we can get episodes on our phone through Sprint TV so he watches it a lot when we need him to be busy. He has gotten sucked in and honestly, I really like the show. So that was our theme and we re-used decorations from his 1 yr old party (Disneyland themed). Below are some pictures showing the fantastic time we had celebrating my little guy's bday. Thanks to all who helped, participated and hung out :)
Cailen's birthday "cake" - a Mickey Mouse head of cupcakes...maybe if you squint you can see it! haha


We brought the imfamous rocket for the kids to play with and it was a hit. I think the one who loved it the most was Cailen's friend Camden :) (little guy in the white and blue shorts)

My sister-and brother-in law playing each other in Scrabble..on their Iphones. Dorks :)


Present time! A bubble gun we gave Cailen, it works GREAT!

Playdoh from his Schmidt cousins (next to him is Hannah, one of the Schmidts)

A tricycle from Gma and Gpa Davis. These are just some of the presents he got (I couldn't get good pictures of him opening them all)

Mark with our brother-in-law Craig (Trisha's husband) playing ping-pong: They have an ongoing competition in this game...

It was a lot of fun and I am glad I put a little effort in to have the party instead of bagging it like I wanted to do and thinking "he's 3, is he really going to care?"
I've decided I need to make someone else the photographer, because I am NEVER in any of these pictures and I am not going to have any record of what I looked like in 2010 for me to laugh at in 2040 :)

2 comments:

The Jessups said...

Wow, our boys are 3?! Where has the time gone? Stone's bday is in a few weeks, and I can't believe it. And I am so there with you about the whole planning thing. I'm trying to do it now because if I wait any longer, I'm afraid it won't be much! Happy birthday, Cailen!!

Heather said...

When did they get the ping pong topper??

"...it was then that I carried you." - Footprints