Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fun Times! (I know, lame title, I'm not creative right now)

Oops, I accidentally posted this post before the last picture was loaded and before I had written anything! Hopefully none of you saw that...

Anyway, we're still chugging along, enjoying the fall season and trying to find fun things to do that don't wear me out but give Cailen the satisfaction of not being bored (and me the satisfaction that he's not just sitting in front of the TV watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...which I think he is doing right now as I blog. He could do that all day long!).

Crafts! I am trying to get Cailen involved in some crafty stuff. So far all we've done is painting. But he loves it! Here he is doing some wonderful artwork (you'll see these later Aunt Heather...hint hint) in a very frilly apron. It's what we had, deal.

Cailen also looooves to ride his bike! I had the brilliant idea to have him ride it over to the park where there is a circular walking path (this is seeming very deja vu-ish...have I already posted about this??). He went around and around and around like 5 times while I just sat on the bench and watched. It was lovely. Speaking of...he wants to do that today, but I don't know if I'm up for that even...we'll see. He is a pro biker, lemme tell ya. It is so fun to see how he has grown up even in these last few months. Ah...such a big boy! And he will seem even BIGGER when the LITTLE one gets here! CRAZY!! I want him to stay little!



Cailen is such a good "helper." The fact that he loves to help is wonderful to me. Trying to figure out how he can is a little hard at times. Mark helped my parents out by installing some sprinklers around their playground for the grass they were going to add under there (bye-bye wood chips, yay!) and Cailen had to be involved. Mark was brilliant - he gave him a trowel and it was his job to dig "over there" and move the dirt from spot A to spot B. He felt like he was helped and was big like his daddy, yet, he didn't ruin what Mark had already done! Creative parenting, check.


October means pumpkins of course and we gathered with some family to carve pumpkins. Or rather, watch them carve pumpkins. Mark had school so I was on my own and did NOT feel like trying to cut shapes into a pumpkin with a 3 year old while being 8 months pregnant. Hence, we didn't do a pumpkin, but everyone let Cailen be involved in theirs a little bit. Thanks guys! Here Cailen is helping his new cousin (step-cousin?) Derek pull the guts out of his pumpkin. Sigh, he is growing up. Last year he was quite disgusted with the very idea!

My bro and sis in law just got a little kitty to help keep the mice in check and they have been bringing him to family functions - which all the kids LOOOVE! Cailen loves animals. And he LOVES Yeager (the cat). Here he is holding the little darling (ok, it's darling now, but when it's an actual cat..I'll be done with it) after he just fed him like 25 kitty treats. Sorry Trisha :)


I have loaded more pics onto the computer (yay!) so hopefully I can get some more things posted but I am EXHAUSTED right now (I haven't been sleeping good...but that's a whole story for a later post), so I'm going to try to nap while Cailen is watching Mickey Mouse and my mom can watch him. So I'd better take advantage of the time I have!!

No comments:

"...it was then that I carried you." - Footprints