I try to keep track of the funny things Cailen says and does. I even made a Memory Book to keep the cute things he draws, paints, collects, etc with a journal section for me to write all these wonderful moments. It's practically blank. I'm horrible at it. I do think I need to print my blog one of these days though as a sort of journal. Anyway, I have posted on facebook some cute things Cailen has said recently and so I thought I'd post those here along with any other things I can think of at the moment...
*We were talking about the tooth fairy for some reason and I was trying to explain the concept when Cailen tells me that the tooth fairy wants our teeth to make macaroni and cheese...hmm, not sure where that came from and kinda grossed me out.
*We were driving into my sister in law's neighborhood and Cailen told me we were going to the forest of houses. I actually laughed outloud. I don't know why, but it was really funny and looking at the street ahead of me, it really DID look like a forest of houses!
*We played the game Sorry three times today. Cailen is really good at it! He won all three times!! I didn't even cheat to make it shorter! (ok, wait, I did take a pawn away from each of us, but at least it was still fair) He was really good at counting out the squares to see where he landed and he could identify all the numbers on the cards (sometimes he would get tired of it though and wouldn't tell me or would forget). He also LOVED to get Sorry cards because then he could bump me or Mark. He thought that was great.
*We have been reading the same two books at nap and bedtime for like 4 days now. He is obsessed. One of them is about a guinea pig who wants to be a firefighter (???). The cool thing about this book is that he is really learning about fire safety and what to do if there is a fire. He can tell me exactly why a firefighter wears special clothes, where he goes to get out of the house, where he meets Mom and Dad, what to do if he can't get out of his room, where the smoke alarms are and what they do. It's awesome! I found myself half wishing I could test his smartness out with a fire (I think this pregnancy is making me insane).
There are a million other things but I can't remember them. How horrible. I posted on FB today that I love how smart Cailen is and the things he says, yet I can't remember what he said to make me write that! Wonderful! Hmm...nope, it's gone. I think he was explaining something to me....Anyway, I'm going to try to do better. That's what the memo pad in my cell phone can be for! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment