Mark's is the red one and mine is the green. (p.s. look at the uber-cute rain boots in the corner of the pic! I got them for Christmas from my sister Heather!) I couldn't very well leave Cailen out of the loop, but figured he was a little to little to be lugging around his own backpack. Low and behold, I found the perfect thing, and for only $5!! Here is Cailen with his own backpack. He's got a coloring book, crayons, card games, silly putty, a puzzle, and a squishy ball in there to take with him. I figured he could carry his own entertainment while M&D lugged around the essentials. I'm going to add a few snacks, a stuffed animal, some books and maybe a few other light things. He'll be set!!

It's Spiderman, so that's a little weird since Cailen has no clue who that is, but seriously, $5? he loves to wear it as you can see :) I'm keeping the tags on for a little while just in case I see anything in the next day or two that is better (like a Handy Manny or a Buzz Lightyear one)
Anyone have any awesome ideas or lists for 72 hour kits or emergency stuff? I'd LOVE to hear about it!!
I am also getting my food storage in order and trying to get used to using that in my everyday meals, rotating, you know? So if you have any good recipes, places to get certain items, etc etc., I'd love to hear that too!!
Anyone have any awesome ideas or lists for 72 hour kits or emergency stuff? I'd LOVE to hear about it!!
I am also getting my food storage in order and trying to get used to using that in my everyday meals, rotating, you know? So if you have any good recipes, places to get certain items, etc etc., I'd love to hear that too!!

1 comment:
Hey Val!
I've been working on this stuff too and I just found this awesome lady her name is Wendy Dewitt she has some videos on youtube that she did of her presentations she gives at stake centers and stuff. I REALLY liked her idea of how to do your food storage, you should check her out she's got some great idea's! Also, there is a blog its called selfreliantsisters.blogspot.com and she also did the rolling duffels I also LOVED the idea but she has a list of everything she put in there and with a few minor tweeks i thought it was great. Anyways sorry for such the long post! Good luck and let me know if you find anything else thats cool! :)
Post a Comment