Friday, July 23, 2010

We're Having a Boy!!

We had our ultrasound this week to check on the baby of course, but also to find out what we are having!! I don't think I could handle not knowing...how do people do it? What about you guys? Do you prefer to know or have you been/will you be surprised?

Like the post title says, we're having a little boy!! When we found out that Cailen was a boy, Mark was relieved. He knew he had his boy. But then he confessed that he wanted to know he had two. "What??" was my reaction? Don't I get to have a girl!? So needless to say, Mark's getting his two boys and is as pleased as could be! I am very happy too because Cailen will have a little brother to play with and I think they will have a blast and be the best of friends! (ok, until they're teenagers and hate each other for a while) I'm excited to see the two of them interact and see how Cailen handles having another little kid around. Right now, he loves the idea of a baby. Ever since the ultrasound, since I've been able to call the baby a "he," we've been saying hi to the baby and hugging the baby and Cailen loves to lay by the baby. Just this morning he pulled up my shirt to caress my tummy and give the baby hugs. He also tries to tickle the baby but doesn't understand that the baby can't feel that, it's just mom's stomach. But it's still cute :)
Funny story about the ultrasound: the technician asked us before the revelation to know if we wanted to know (umm YES!) and announced that we were having a boy! We turn to Cailen and let him know he is going to have a little brother; "Cailen, the baby is a boy!" (he had been insisting it's a boy this whole time) "No, it's a girl" he says. Uh no buddy, there's proof riiiiiight there. That night we were saying good night to the baby and I said "say hi, say goodnight, say we found out you're a boy" and Cailen would just repeat after me. But at that last one he goes "You're a girl" as calm as could be. He's in denial. He is doing better now though!

Here are some pictures to show you our little bundle on the way. We had lots of family there to share in the moment: Mark and Cailen and me of course; my mom, dad, sister, and brother; Mark's mom, gma, and two sisters. It was fun to have them all come and look at the TV screen as we saw our little boy squirm and move and see how well he is growing.

(I actually had to go back the next day for another ultrasound because they had gotten someone else's measurments mixed up with mine and so it was throwing mine off. I was fine with that though because then I got to see my little boy again!!)
Really washed out pic, but here is our little family as it is now! Ready to find out about our little one on the way!
You can see my prego bump a little in this pic..I meant to take a portrait of myself but totally forgot. The setup was nice, there was that TV for us all to look at
A lot of our family was able to come and see it with us, which was cool! My SIL Wendy was also there but I think we took the picture before she came in the room. Oh, and my dad was taking the pictures for me
Cailen and his daddy looking at his new brother!
His Face!
His hand and arm
The spine
It's a boy!
His cute little foot :)

3 comments:

Meg Ruth said...

Yay! Congrats Val!

Jacob & Clarissa said...

I love your hair! You look so pretty.

The Jessups said...

so exciting!! Cailen will be a great brother! You look great. And cute hair!

"...it was then that I carried you." - Footprints