Thursday, July 29, 2010

Cailen got stung!

So the other day...Tuesday in fact, Cailen headed outside to throw some Pop-its/Snaps with his grandma. They came in not a minute later with poor Cailen crying! He had been stung by a bee! My mom mixed up some pasty baking soda mixture to help take the sting out and I simply cuddled him. Poor little munchkin! He was crying and holding me and when he finally took a breath, he says "I don't like bees!" It was just cute. But sad, you know, since he was in pain and all. But he soon felt much better. He spent the next hour or so cuddled with Mom watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse while I held his foot. He seemed to think that would help. And when he finally decided to walk around, he hobbled a little, even though it didn't hurt anymore. But my mom made me keep the paste on for a little while, so maybe that contributed to the hobbling. Later, when Mark came home and we told him the saga, he said he probably got bit by a hornet instead and that just sounded worse. Dumb hornet. But my boy was a trooper and made it through :) We even went swimming for a little bit later that evening to reward him for being so tough. Obviously none of these pictures are Cailen, since I didn't stop to take a picture of my son crying when he came running in to me, but they capture a bit of that sad moment when Cailen was crying. And they help remind us just how cute kids are when they cry :) This is why I can't resist my child when he's sad!

No comments:

"...it was then that I carried you." - Footprints