Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July Weekend

I figure I would hurry and post this while I was at my parents and had the internet :)
Well, yesterday ended a brilliant 4 day weekend of celebration for the 4th of July! We headed up to Bear Lake with Mark's family to spend the weekend at their family cabin. Loads of fun! It wasn't too hot and so it was nice to spend time outside. We headed down to the lake for a little while but didn't really spend time in the water because, let's face it, Bear Lake is always cold and even though it's July, hasn't heated up one iota. Cailen loved playing in the mud/sand, building sand castles, playing with his cousins and sleeping in the tent. We had good food, played games together and celebrated my niece Becca and my sister-in-law Wendy's birthdays. We went to church in Garden City Sunday morning where we sang the entire Star Spangled Banner, I'm pretty sure that was my first time singing ALL THREE verses. And of course, we did some fireworks. Cailen was REALLY tired Sunday night when we did fireworks, so he wasn't too much of a happy camper. He covered his ears the whole time and asked a few times to go inside. I refused! He was going to watch those fireworks dang it! Anyway, he fell asleep under the blanket on my lap instead, with his hands over his ears still :) It was a lot of fun hanging out with the Barbers!
We headed back home Monday morning and joined my family that night for some fireworks because they hadn't really had a big firework show up at Bear Lake and you HAVE to see big fireworks on the 4th of July!! We met up with my family and my aunt Barb and her family. Cailen was in a MUCH better mood this time around and we were far enough away that they weren't too loud so all in all, he enjoyed them! It probably helped that he had about a gazillion little glowsticks that made him happy! Thanks Barb! And now it's back to real life again....ho hum. Hope you all had a happy 4th of July!!

Fireworks with Grandpa Jerry
Covering his ears for the "noise" (seriously, we were doing snakes most of the time!)
Enjoying sparklers!! (once he realized they made no noise)
Watching his cousins do fireworks
Enjoying Pop-its! Snaps, whatever you want to call them
And of course Cailen loved marshmallows!
Mark and me at the firework show (yes my dad made me sit in a U chair)
Cailen with my cousin Jacey, she is practically his best friend. Oh, and he is showing us his glow sticks. He told me "wait" when I went to take a picture. Then he pulled out his glowsticks in prime showing-off fashion and gave a cheesy grin. Now I'm ready mom!

No comments:

"...it was then that I carried you." - Footprints