Thursday, November 13, 2008

First Haircut!

Many will be excited to hear that Cailen had his first haircut today! While eating lunch yesterday, Cailen got ravioli in his hair. I was cleaning it out and it was then that I realized how far his hair has gone. It's time!! So since Mark doesn't work until the afternoon, I figured we'd tackle it together this morning. Proud to say, it went well! Mark got out his high chair thinking that would be a good place to have him sit during the haircut. It went okay for a little while. We got a few toys to try to entertain him, but he started dancing and moving around. So that didn't work. We got the first lock cut though! Yea! Then we tried having Mommy hold him while Daddy cut. That worked better. He then switched to having me (Mommy) try to fix it up a little, but he was in his chair again and started with the dancing again. Sigh. Finally, we got the buzzer (does this have a name?) out to finish up and that went surprisingly well. We showed him how it felt and showed it on Daddy, then tried it on Cailen. He was quite calm. IT'S DONE! We have a cute lock of hair to scrapbook and some funny pictures too. Have a look-see!
The Before

The Haircut

In that last picture, Cailen swatted Mark's hand away, ha. He didn't want us to interrupt his book reading.
Here is Cailen dancing in his high chair. Mark's trying to sternly tell him this is no time for dancing :)

The big guns come out!

The After


What a cutie pie!

Had to get some video footage of this moment!

I don't think I had realized how long it had gotten! WOW! But now I don't have any cute hair to play with :( But he looks all grown up now! There Heather, no more mullet.

4 comments:

Heather said...

told you it had gotten long! :)
Don't worry he still looks adorable!!

Unknown said...

Hey, I just found your blog, your little guy is growing so fast! He is so cute!

Reagan Family said...

I love it! He is seriously so handsome! I think the first haircut always makes them look grown up. Too cute!

Kim and Layne said...

Poor mullet...I guess it had to come to an end sometime. Great cut though...he sooo cute.

"...it was then that I carried you." - Footprints