So I went a little crazy with the color of the font. Hey, it was a holiday super saturday and I did Christmas stuff! Let me have fun. But I promise, I'm not putting them out until after Thanksgiving (you have to do each holiday justice). And the BELIEVE block is going to be out year round because it matches my house and to BELIEVE is a year-long idea!
Monday, November 3, 2008
Super Saturdays are SUPER!
I have been slightly productive today so I'm going to sit back down and blog again :) This time it's because I can't help but brag about my cool crafts I did at my ward's Super Saturday this Saturday. I'm proud of them because they turned out cute! The pictures don't do them justice, but the lighting in my house isn't helping either. Basements are not a photographers delight. However, I will show them anyway and you can just add 30 pts of coolness to get the idea. The JOY has a rustic look to it because of the stain that was applied. I stained the front of it after painting it and then quickly wiped it off to give it that look. That was what we were supposed to do and all of them turned out really cute. The BELIEVE block only cost me $2!! I really really should have signed up for more of them. I bet I can create them myself buying some two by fours and cutting them up. I can cut vinyl on my Cricut machine so there ya go! Anyway, everyone was supposed to do them in green, but I couldn't conform! I saw a lady painting hers red (she couldn't conform either) and thought "hmm..." So I painted the front red and that back and sides black. I tried to sponge a little black on the front too and then wipe it off but that doesn't work with paint. I had to paint over it with more red. It left me with a darker red though and so I think it worked out in the end because I achieved my "look." I then distressed it with sandpaper like I did the JOY only a little bit more on the actual surface rather than just the corners (the JOY isn't as distressed) and then I used the stain from the JOY project and did the same idea with applying then wiping. It looks awesome! They had some cool glitter spray too that I put on after it was all dry. The tags were a freebie project that I did while waiting for things to dry and such. I made some fun bday ones, a little baby one, and some fantastic Christmas ones. My visiting teacher was the lady who brought all the stuff. Let me tell you, she has a ton of stamps! It was great though. So here's my bragging, I'm done :)







Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"...it was then that I carried you." - Footprints
3 comments:
So cute Val! I can't believe my ward isn't artsy-fartsy and we NEVER have Super Saturdays! I think I'm gonna copy a couple of yours for my holiday decorating :)
Love the crafts! I can't believe how fast your baby is growing up. I love his facial expressions.
Cute! I love the blocks and the Joy letters.
Post a Comment