This Wednesday was Mark's day off and we spent the first part of the day just hanging around because we could! We didn't have anywhere to be. Then Mark decided to mow the lawn and rather than be left inside by ourselves, Cailen and I went to join him. We watched him mow the lawn from our nice patch of grass and then Cailen decided he wanted to help. That didn't last too long and we moved on to the garden. When it snowed our garden was ruined but we wanted to see if there was anything left to salvage. There were a few pumpkins, we think some corn (we haven't dared husk them, we're a little afraid of the tiny things that have been sitting in the garden for awhile), and some carrots that we dug up. Cailen continued to "dig" up carrots resulting in being covered in dirt. We also went to inspect our grapes and Cailen realized he LOVES grapes. He ate about 20 straight in a row, even putting two in at once! We stopped there because I didn't want him to get sick and he was not very happy with me for taking him away from his dear grapes. All in all, a fun fall afternoon!



Here's Cailen enjoying the grapes. He even "feeds" Eeyore some :) Then he fell into a pile of smushed grapes and got a grape stain on his bum.



The next day my sister in law was getting things out ready for Halloween night and came across some wigs. We had a little fashion show with Cailen and we think he enjoyed it too. Except for maybe the big tall wig and the long black wig. He didn't know what to think of those!
That night was Project Night at Mark's mom's house. I had gotten some grapes from this lady I visit teach because she took all of ours! I had told her I wanted to make grape juice so she got me some. Then Amy, my sister in law who lives upstairs, and I went to pick the leftover grapes from our backyard. We got about half a cooler total. I took those to my mother in law's house and made grape juice! It was a pretty easy process actually. And fun to watch. It was pretty yummy too. Mark tested it for me. While I waited for the juice to be made, I did my filing, which I also took over. I have needed to reorganize my filing for some time now, so that was indeed a project! I still have a little to do in the way of putting it all back in the filing cabinet, but hey! I got two projects done! Cailen saw the grapes when I started making the juice and would not eat his dinner, the little stinker. He and his cousin Becca ate a bunch as I put them in the pot. Kids will be kids. But I ended up making 13 pints of grape juice! We just made our first batch to drink at home. We mixed it with some water and a little bit of sugar. Yummy!



















No comments:
Post a Comment