Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ready For Nursery? OH YES!

Cailen will be turning 18 months the 4th of December. Then he'll be able to go to nursery, pending his ability to be without his mom or dad for two hours...Oh he'll go. He may be going a little early after this past Sunday's experience. Try, next week! He is a little pill! I'll tell you all about it:
Cailen started off being a pill during Relief Society. He was wandering around, messing with the curtains, trying to play the piano, the usual. He even managed to knock over the music stand. Sigh. After saving him from that catastrophe, I smelled trouble. Diaper duty. We headed to the mother's room to change his diaper, which went over quite well. I figured I'd visit the ladies room while we were out. Giving him the diaper wipe container in hopes of entertainment, the little twerp inched around me and chucked it in the toilet! Eww! Diving in to save the wipes and quickly running to the sink to rinse them off (after flushing the toilet), I glanced over to see Cailen splashin' around in the toilet! Goodness, can't he wait one second!? Swooping down I grabbed Cailen and we finally managed to get out of there after 3 more attempts to the toilet (Cailen), washing wipe's container and hands (me and Cailen), and a few deep breaths (me). I told the tale to a friend in R.S. and she says, "so he'll be going to nursery next week?", with a smile. I'm thinking so. Yes Cailen, get ready for Nursery!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Hee hee! Okay--story for you! This is from a lady in my ward, Sandy, and her daughter Raina.

When Raina was a little girl, she wanted to go to the bathroom all by herself at church like her big sister Shonda. After many begging sessions, Sandy finally gave in, but said, "If you're not out in FIVE MINUTES, I'm coming after you!" Raina disappeared into the hallway all by herself. Five minutes went by. No Raina.

Sandy poked her head out of the chapel. No Raina in the hallway. She went further down the hallway and poked her head in the ladies' room. No Raina in the bathroom. Sandy started to panic. She ran up and down the halls, checking in every ladies' room and every classroom, calling Raina's name. No answer.

Just as she was about to panic and call the police to report her daugter's kidnapping, a man came out of the men's room with a funny look on his face. He asked, "Um, are you looking for your daughter?" Sandy nodded, and he said, "Well, I think she's in there," and pointed to the men's restroom. Sandy ran inside and found Raina with her undies around ehr ankles, her dress hiked up over her head, and her little butt in the URINAL!!! She'd totally gone pee in there!!! Sandy says she jerked Raina out of the bathroom, drove her home, and scrubbed her bottom RAW. Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Megan said...

And don't even TRY and tell me you're a homely stay-at-home mommy!!! I so won't buy that. I SAW your cute haircut, missy! And I totally envied it! So there. Nice try.

"...it was then that I carried you." - Footprints