Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Boo at the Zoo and other fun times

So Halloween has been preceded this year by a few other occasions for Cailen to dress up. He's a pirate and I was a little nervous of how the hat, sword and eye patch would go, so I figured these other activities would be his practice for Halloween. Well, the eye patch works for like 2 seconds, and surprisingly, he kept the hat on for most of the time at the zoo. He did break the sword at the zoo so we had to buy him a new one for Halloween. Thank heavens for the dollar store!

We went to my parent's Halloween party for their ward last Friday, mostly because Mark was working and I didn't have anything better to do (translation: didn't have anything better that I wanted to do...those dishes, etc were going to have to wait!). He didn't like most of his accessories there, but managed to eat 2 1/2 hotdogs. He got a few pieces of candy playing some of the games. He liked to throw the balls at the bottles, but didn't really care if he got them in. And he liked to play with the rubber duckies but didn't care that the # on the bottom gave him a prize. And he got his face painted, and promptly smeared it :)



Boo at the Zoo (I think most of you who read my blog know what this is) is a chance for the kids to trick or treat at the zoo and see some animals. I went with my friend Allyson and her daughter Lily, who was a lion. Allyson made the costume herself and it turned out GREAT! Good job Allyson! Anyway, there were lots of businesses there handing out candy and Cailen got to see a few of the animals (the ones we could see through the crowd!) - zebras (he LOVED those), bears, giraffe, tiger, monkeys (also really loved these), turkeys, and a few others. He had a lot of fun, but was pretty tired. He conked out after we rode the carosel. He didn't know what to think about that ride; he held onto me pretty tight as he went back and forth between the elephant and the leopard, I think it was. All in all, lots of candy for "Cailen" (I think Mark and I have eaten most of it) and lots of fun hanging out with friends. We even got a coupon to Red Robin so we went there afterwards. Thanks Allyson for inviting us!
My little pirate in his "ship" or stroller. And Lily the Lion!

Trying to pose our little munchkins! And Cailen trying to climb in with the bears. Literally, he did try.


I LOVE this picture! Cailen is looking at the giraffes!


On the carousel.


On a random note, and to finish with the stuff I wanted to blog about today, Cailen ate cereal by himself for the first time today. No, not the rice cereal stuff. I mean Apple Jacks with milk! He did a pretty good job. I think he felt like a big boy eating cereal with Mommy. He would point to my cereal and then point to his, it was cute! He did end up making a mess of it while I went to brush my teeth. He poured out a lot of the milk and the remaining Apple Jacks onto his tray and was playing in the mess...are girls this messy or is it just boys!?! But I love him and love his little antics too. That's why I have the camera ready!

No comments:

"...it was then that I carried you." - Footprints