Thursday, October 2, 2008

Familes are Forever

Back in August, my sister in law and her family was sealed! It was so exciting. For those of you who aren't LDS, some of this lingo may confuse you. But we went to Wendy and Mike's endowment session first, which was amazing in itself. To see Mike in the temple just one year after being baptized...so great! I know it's a day that Wendy has been waiting for! Then we went straight to the sealing, all in white. It was pretty cool to have it a white sealing. When the temple workers brought the kids in, I'm sure everyone in there got a little teary. Little Becca looking so sweet in her white dress, Hannah already crying because everyone else was, Logan a call of energy and Landon being to responsible big brother. It was great. It was really neat to see everyone there and to see the little family all in white, standing together, sealed together forever. Every time I go to the temple for a wedding or sealing, it takes me back to my wedding day and helps me remember the covenants and blessings involved. I love it. And the spirit that was felt there was just amazing. Here is the Schmidt family, all in white, an eternal family!



3 comments:

The Jessups said...

What a neat experience! I am glad you're blogging faithfully, now!! Cailen is adorable. Hopefully one day soon we'll get back up to visit UT and see you all!

Ally said...

Wow, that is really neat! I love going to weddings and sealings. What a great thing for them.
Also, I am responding to your comment. What is the best way to respond? In my comment section? In your comment section when your posting is about something totally unrelated? I don't know, so here I am. The zoo thing is on Saturday, October 25, starting I think at 9:00. I like to go earlier rather than later, before the run out of the good candy, because then you are just left with taffy. And Matt really really wants to go to the body exhibit. We would have to go on a weeknight, except Tuesdays. When works for you? And would you rather go sooner or later?

Ally said...

Here's the link to the Boo at the Zoo. It is during the day when the zoo is open: https://www.hoglezoo.org/events_experiences/events_calendar/10-25-2008/boo-at-the-zoo-

"...it was then that I carried you." - Footprints