Wednesday, October 29, 2008

First Snow of the Year

Yes, this was awhile ago, but I'm a little behind in blogging. I am trying to catch you all up on our lives! So it snowed one Saturday night/Sunday morning and we woke up to a white wonderland. It was cold, wet, andI had to hunt for shoes I could wear to church that wouldn't get my toes all wet and cold. Bring out the winter stuff from storage! Sadly, our backyard took a toll too. Two BIG branches fell down during the night and my poor garden was froze! I almost had corn and then...they died because of the snow. Look at these pictures! You can't even tell I once had corn that was like 6 feet tall! It has since been almost three weeks and no more snow. Crazy Utah weather! But it definitely has been cold on occasion (although the last few days have been quite warm) and we know that more snow is coming soon. I'm excited to get Cailen out there playing in the snow. We just need some good gloves and we're all set!
No more corn!
The fallen branches

No comments:

"...it was then that I carried you." - Footprints