Monday, October 27, 2008

Defense of the Mullet

Apparently my sister Heather saw the pictures I just lately posted and decided to call me with an "intervention" on behalf of Cailen. She says that he has a...mullet. I, uh, have no...idea what she, uh, is talking about. Ok, fine. He has a little bit of the crazy hair. But that's only because it won't grow on top! All he has is the little fuzz in the back and I'll be darned if I'm going to cut 1/4" off the back of his hair so that he won't have a so-called mullet. He hasn't had his first haircut yet and the scrapbooker in me will not allow it to be so un-glamorous as that. It's going to be an event, I'm telling you, when it finally happens. We'll keep a lock of hair, take millions of pictures, he'll probably cry, it'll be great. But sorry world (aka. Heather), it's not happening yet! Besides, I like to play with his hair when he is cuddling with me. The mullet's all I got! Maybe one day I'll get sick of it. When I do, I'll let you all know.

5 comments:

The Jessups said...

haha, we had the SAME problem. I finally cut Stone's, myself, and yes, saved a lock or two, I will admit. His were the cutest little curls, and it was hard to do. I now need to give him a REAL first hair cut, because he has random pieces longer than others. And funny that you think he has so much hair (from your comment on my blog), because everyone says he is such a baldy! And he is...

In answer to your question re: jeans--I get them all over the place. TJ Max always has really cute ensembles. Burlington has jeans, alone, but I haven't found any for him there, lately. Kind of wherever I can find them!

I am glad you are being so faithful with this blog thing. It's fun to keep tabs. :)

Megan said...

Camryn TOTALLY has a baby mullet! It's like ther hair on the top of her head has taken a U-turn and is now growing out the back. So, so weird.

Kim and Layne said...

Doesn't every baby have a mullet at some point in their baby life? Lily has more hair on top than your baby, but she definitely has a party in back! I guess I am just waiting for it all to grow out bc a haircut now would look too unnatural.

Anyway, I am not surprised that I didn't see you at the zoo because it was packed! But it is crazy how we managed to do the same things with in days of each other! We should get together sometime.

Sheena said...

I wouldn't cut it if I was you either.

The Jessups said...

okay, so after I read this yesterday, we were out to lunch, and Cliff was saying how we needed to cut Stone's hair. Next door was a place, and we spontaneously went in. It was a traumatic experience for him. I will post pictures.

"...it was then that I carried you." - Footprints