Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Cancer Sucks

Some of you may have read my post that talked about my dad getting diagnosed with colon cancer and the surgery that he had to undertake for that. Well, weeks later, here is another post about it but this time with pictures! We tried to visit him every day and were pretty good at it. Since my mom was spending the whole day with my dad at the hospital, I took care of my little brother and sister and so we'd all go in together. Cailen tagged along too and was decently behaved when at the hospital. Here are some pictures of him with Grandpa right before the surgery swimming and then at the hospital after the surgery:







Now my dad is out of the hospital and he has started chemotherapy. He goes once every two weeks. He's only had it once and felt a little bit of the side effects. We're hoping it all goes smoothly. Keep him in your prayers please! We've got six months of chemo ahead of us and hopefully it will be successful and go by fast. Luckily my dad's job is being really great about it all. He works for Chevron and they've been really supportive and I think that's helped a lot with the family's stress level. There is plenty to worry about without also worrying that my dad will be out of a job. It's been nice having my dad around more, too bad the reason why. In fact, today I went for a walk with him! It was fun to be able to spend relaxing random time together. He's a trooper!

1 comment:

Ally said...

I'm glad things are going better. Good luck to your dad with everything.

"...it was then that I carried you." - Footprints