So the other day we headed to a Petting Zoo! Cailen loves animals and so I thought this might be something he would enjoy. It is at Gardner Village and Cailen was free since he was so young! Woohoo for freebies! There were mostly goats running around, but Cailen loved the pig. He kept going back to it! It was kinda funny (and kinda gross). He pet the occasional goat and sheep. He loved the honking geese that were gated inside. They kept honking at this baby goat who was trying to sneak into the geeses' place and Cailen would try to honk along with them. It was hilarious. I wish I had been able to get that on video. He saw pigs, goats, sheep, horses, llamas and I think an alpacha (spelling??). There were chickens and bunnies too. He had lots of fun walking around with me and Mark was our camera man trying to capture the cute things he was doing :) It was fun!
On our way back to the car, we walked around Gardner Village and they had some fun pumkin things set up that Cailen played with. He likes pumpkins and finally knows their name. He kept calling them balls when we would see them at the grocery store. Now he knows they are "buh-bins." He climbed on the pumpkins and we tried to pose him too. That's kind of hard to do now! He has a mind of his own, that's for sure :) But that's what makes life with Cailen fun!!

After the petting zoo and pumpkins, we were headed to a Real Salt Lake soccer game!! It was the first game in their new stadium, which was very cool looking, and they were having a little carnival-type thing before hand. We struggled to find parking, then walked around and watched people win blankets, kick soccer balls and spin wheels. We met some friends there, John and Amber, and had pretty good seats too! Cailen was having a blast and loved to watch and see all the balls! He is a little obsessed with them and I'd probably say that is his favorite word. He finally conked out a little before the end of the game (which we sadly lost). We had lots of fun watching the game and hanging out with friends. It was a bit chilly, which lets us know that summer is over and fall is here! I'm not sure how I feel about that...
1 comment:
Cailen's face is so funny in the top right pumpkin picture. What a cute kid!
Post a Comment