Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas is almost here!

Christmas is upon us and we are excited!! I am so proud of myself because I got my Christmas shopping done early. YEA! I have time to relax and enjoy the holidays. I pulled out all the stuff I had bought for Cailen to show Mark so that we could decide what else we needed, if we needed to return stuff, etc etc. It was all on our bed and we were having a hard time keeping Cailen out of there since we kept going in. So I hurried and covered it up with our blanket. Silly Cailen. He decided he wanted to read a book on our bed. Little did he know that his Christmas could have been RUINED if he had looked under the blanket!! Whew! He didn't peek.Speaking of Christmas, Cailen got to see Santa Claus!! Mark's work party was the other night and they had Santa and Mrs. Claus there giving out gifts. And yes, the first picture is with Mark and I also sitting on Santa's lap. It was a little awkward, but that was Santa's way of helping ease Cailen into it (he cried when I first put him on his lap). After sliding Cailen off my lap and onto Santa's, I hurried behind the camera to try and get Cailen to smile. Yes, he is smiling in that second picture, it's just not his real smile. He does this scrunched-nose thing. It's pretty cute, but not when you're trying to get some good pictures! Nevertheless, we got some pictures taken on our camera and they printed one out for us and put it in a frame. Despite having his belly showing in that one, it was a fun night. Cailen got a Tigger toy that bounces. Funny thing is, we had just been playing with that toy at Walmart earlier in the day when we were finishing up Cailen's shopping. He was very excited for Tigger!

No comments:

"...it was then that I carried you." - Footprints