This post is about our trip to see the Zoo Lights! A few people asked us to go and Cailen and I ended up going with our good friends the Guilberts. It was FREEZING outside. But despite that, it was still pretty cool. Cailen stayed bundled up pretty well, but he did like taking his gloves off. He pointed at a lot of the lights too. After awhile I think he had his fill and was too cold because he started crying and wouldn't stop! That was our cue to head home. Here are some pictures of the Guilberts, the lights, and me and Cailen (yes, my coat is reflective and Cailen's face is covered. Hey, it's the best we could get!).

(Yes Allyson, I'm still planning on sending these pics to you, sorry!!)


In other news, Cailen is in Nursery now! This might sound uber exciting except for the fact that I now work in Nursery too. I was all excited for Cailen to go so that I could finally pay attention in Sunday School! Then I got called to Nursery. Bummer. But, the plus side is that I get to see Cailen do all sorts of cute things! He was right at him his first Sunday. He got VERY excited about the slide and played on that most of the time. They also have this cool swing that he had a couple turns on.
Yes, I took pictures of him playing in Nursery. It was too cute! He was really good with the other kids and was great during singing time too. He sat on his little carpet with the rest of them and was mesmerized by the singing. He ate his snack very well, spilled his water (what can I say, it wasn't a sippy cup!) and listened well to the lesson! Dream child! The next week was a little different. He had a girl that kept following him around during play time "mothering" him (i.e. carrying him everywhere!) that really bothered him. I didn't want to "come to the rescue" though so I observed how he handled it. It was kinda funny. I also gave the lesson and he wasn't as good for me (darn). He kept wanting to get out of his chair, wanted snack early, wanted to pick out of the bag when it was someone else's turn, the usual. So we'll see how week 3 goes this Sunday! He's adorable! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment