Friday, December 5, 2008

Lazy Lazy Lazy

Hey it's me. Yes, I live! It's been a long time since I posted and I'm sorry! I've been busy with the holidays and then I've just been lazy. My house needs cleaning, errands need to be run, posts need to be put up and I just don't want to do any of it!! *Sigh* But I will, eventually. In short, I'll tell you a little about the past week or so.

My sister Heather came in town for Thanksgiving which was awesome!! She stayed for quite a few days, which was fun! Cailen was a little unsure of her at first, since he hadn't seen her since he was 6 months old and so he didn't remember her. But he warmed up! Too bad she had to leave, but she'll be back for Christmas! Thanksgiving was lots of fun. We ate with Mark's family and had a blast playing games and looking at the shopping ads, haha. We totally rocked at Family Feud, woohoo! We then stayed the rest of the weekend at my parents to spend time with Heather. Mark was a trooper to drive up every night after work so that I could be there with my family and then see him too. I have gotten a lot of my Christmas shopping done, which is awesome! I only have a few more things to buy! If anyone finds a Fisher Price Rock and Play Piano PLEASE LET ME KNOW! Oh my gosh I was trying for days to find this before I gave up. I went shopping the day after Thanksgiving with my sisters but didn't do anything crazy like 4:00 am. We went probably around 9 or 10 and after I got to Walmart I decided I really wanted this toy! They were selling it for $15 and I couldn't find it anywhere. I looked at 4 Walmarts over the weekend! One of them I looked at twice! Bummer. Stupid 4 am shoppers (sorry, if you were one of them, I don't really hate you). They took them all!! And now there are no more! Anywho...I'm trying to get over it. What Cailen doesn't know won't hurt him.

I've started a new "job" sort of, haha. It's helping this couple with stuff around their house so they don't have to do it when they get home from work. I iron, sweep, vacuum, stuff like that. It's really easy, just takes a little time. But they let me take Cailen with me, which ROCKS! He's a little pill though so it doesn't always go smoothly. Good thing they aren't home to hear him cry and yell at me when I won't read him a book because I'm ironing. Hopefully their kids won't complain! Actually one of their kids really likes to play with Cailen so that's fun. But I am making extra money (pretty good money) so I'll take it!

We've put up our Christmas decorations! Yea, I feel festive! Mark spent part of his day off helping me get it all up and that helped it go fast. Now all I have to do is wrap the presents from under my bed and I'll be all ready! Cailen has been doing pretty good with leaving the tree alone. Hopefully it will stay that way!

Cailen has a doctor's appointment today, oh in a half hour, and he's still sleeping!! Guess I had better go get him up and ready so that we can be on time! Hopefully this doctor won't tell me he's "failing to thrive" like the last one just because he's small. Hello! Have you seen my family? Have you seen Mark's family? We're small! Anyway, I'm sure it will go ok! But I need to put some pictures on here, so I'll be back!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like you've been busy! I need to get motivated and start christmas shopping sometime. It sounds like Calin is keeping you on your toes. He's so cute!

Heather said...

That darn piano!!

"...it was then that I carried you." - Footprints